Cincinnati vs Temple info: The Temple Owls vs No. 5 Cincinnati Bearcats meet up in Week 6 at Nippert Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and the game will air on CBSSN. Cincinnati is coming off a big win and cannot take their foot off the gas as they head into conference play.
Cincinnati (4-0, 0-0 AAC) did what they needed to do in consecutive games on the road against the Indiana Hoosiers and Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and they have a legitimate chance to be in the College Football Playoff if they continue winning. Temple (3-2, 1-0 AAC) came out of nowhere to beat the Memphis Tigers last week with a big game from Georgia Bulldogs transfer quarterback D’Wan Mathis, so the Bearcats have to be ready even as heavy favorites.
If you aren’t around a TV to watch the game on Friday, you can stream it via WatchESPN or the ESPN app. But keep in mind that you need a cable-login subscription. If you don’t have a cable login to access ESPN for a live stream, you can get a free trial from YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, DirecTV Stream, FuboTV, or Sling TV to stream the game.
Cincinnati is a 29-point favorite at DraftKings Sportsbook, and -4000 on the moneyline. That makes Temple a +1700 moneyline underdog, with the point total set at 54.
The No. 5 Cincinnati Bearcats (4-0, 0-0 AAC) face a fellow AAC foe when they host the Temple Owls (3-2, 0-0 AAC) on Friday, October 8, 2021 at Nippert Stadium. Look below for more important details, which includes how to watch this matchup on FuboTV.
How to Watch Cincinnati vs Temple
- Game Day: Friday, October 8, 2021
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: ESPN
- Stadium: Nippert Stadium
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!
Cincinnati vs Temple Stats
- The Bearcats score 38.3 points per game, 8.1 more than the Owls surrender per matchup (30.2).
- This year, the Bearcats have turned the ball over seven times, one more than the Owls’ takeaways (6).
- The Owls have scored 27.4 points per game this year, 12.9 more than the Bearcats have given up.
- The Owls have six giveaways this season, while the Bearcats have 12 takeaways .
Cincinnati Players to Watch
- Desmond Ridder leads Cincinnati with 1,045 passing yards (261.3 ypg) on 73-of-115 passing with nine touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He also has 98 rushing yards (24.5 ypg) on 30 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Jerome Ford’s team-high 371 rushing yards (92.8 per game) have come on 67 carries, with six touchdowns this year.
- Alec Pierce’s 294 receiving yards (73.5 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 15 receptions and one touchdown.
- Tyler Scott has put together a 172-yard season so far (43.0 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in seven passes.
- Michael Young Jr. has hauled in 12 receptions for 146 yards (36.5 ypg) this season.
Temple Players to Watch
- D’Wan Mathis leads Temple with 762 passing yards (152.4 ypg) on 65-of-106 passing with five touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 57 rushing yards (11.4 ypg) on 16 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Edward Saydee has carried the ball 43 times for a team-high 165 yards (33.0 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Tayvon Ruley has collected 143 yards (28.6 per game) on 26 attempts with one touchdown.
- Jose Barbon’s team-high 280 receiving yards (56.0 yards per game) have come on 21 receptions with one touchdown.
- Randle Jones has put together a 240-yard season so far (48.0 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 14 passes.
- Amad Anderson Jr.’s nine catches have netted him 173 yards (34.6 ypg) and one touchdown.
Cincinnati Schedule and Results
|9/11/2021||Murray State||W 42-7||Home|
|10/2/2021||Notre Dame||W 24-13||Away|
Temple Schedule and Results
|9/18/2021||Boston College||L 28-3||Home|
Cincinnati vs Temple: Need to know
D’Wan Mathis looking good: Remember that name? Mathis won the Georgia quarterback battle during preseason practice in 2020 and started the Bulldogs’ opener at Arkansas before it became apparent that, as a redshirt freshman, he wasn’t quite ready for a job of that magnitude. The former four-star prospect from the class of 2019 ended up at Temple. After a slow start to the 2021 season, he exploded last week against Memphis. Mathis completed 35 of 49 passes for 322 yards and three touchdowns without an interception and also ran for 53 yards while leading the Owls back from an early 17-0 deficit. Temple’s 34-31 victory over a quality foe should give Mathis confidence and get the attention of Cincinnati’s defense.
Cincinnati needs ground momentum: Assuming the Bearcats generate an early lead, they’ll likely want to run the football and bleed some clock. That should be a common objective for this team in many AAC games this season, but the Bearcats haven’t had an elite rushing attack in recent weeks. Since averaging nearly 8 yards per carry in a season-opening win over Miami (OH), Cincinnati has averaged an unspectacular 3.74 yards per rushing attempt in its past three games. Furthermore, the Bearcats’ yards per carry figure has fallen with each successive game this season. Temple’s run defense has just been mediocre, though, and it would be a welcome sight if Cincinnati surpassed 200 yards on the ground for the first time since the season opener.
Special teams discrepancies: Don’t be shocked if a big special teams play swings the momentum in this game. Cincinnati kick returner Tre Tucker took one 99 yards for a touchdown to give the Bearcats a third-quarter lead in their victory at Indiana last month. With that big return bolstering their resume, the Bearcats rank sixth nationally in yards per kick return at 32.14. Temple, by contrast, ranks 92nd in average kick return yardage at 17.82. But it’s not all roses on special teams for Cincinnati. Senior kicker Cole Smith is just 2-for-6 this season and has missed three kicks from inside 40 yards. His only attempt longer than 40 yards was also a miss. Temple sophomore Rory Bell is 11-of-13 on field goal attempts in his career and 4-for-4 inside of 40 yards this season.