The seventh edition of The Best FIFA Football Awards took place in Paris on Monday night. Here is the full list of award winners.
The Best FIFA Football Awards 2022 – Winners list:
- The Best FIFA Women’s Player: Alexia Putellas (Spain/FC Barcelona Femení)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: Lionel Messi (Argentina/Paris Saint-Germain FC)
- The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper: Mary Earps (England/Manchester United WFC)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper: Emiliano Martínez (Argentina/Aston Villa FC)
- The Best FIFA Women’s Coach: Sarina Wiegman (England Women’s National Team)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Coach: Lionel Scaloni (Argentina Men’s National Team)
- The FIFA Puskás Award: Marcin Oleksy (Poland/Warta Poznań)
- The FIFA Fair Play Award: Luka Lochoshvili (Georgia/Wolfsberger AC/U.S. Cremonese)
- The FIFA Fan Award: Argentinian Fans
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
For accomplishments between 8 August 2021 and 18 December 2022.
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/France)
- Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain/France)
- Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain/Argentina)
Winner: Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain/Argentina)
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
For accomplishments between 7 August 2021 and 31 July 2022.
- Beth Mead (Arsenal/England)
- Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride/San Diego Wave/USWNT)
- Alexia Putellas (Barcelona/Spain)
Winner: Alexia Putellas (Barcelona/Spain)
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach
- Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid)
- Pep Guardiola (Manchester City)
- Lionel Scaloni (Argentina)
Winner: Lionel Scaloni
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach
- Sonia Bompastor (Lyon)
- Pia Sundhage (Brazil)
- Sarina Wiegman (England)
Winner: Sarina Wiegman (England)
The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper
- Yassine Bounou (Sevilla/Morocco)
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid/Belgium)
- Emiliano Martínez (Aston Villa/Argentina)
Winner: Emiliano Martínez (Aston Villa/Argentina)
The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper
- Ann-Katrin Berger (Chelsea/Germany)
- Mary Earps (Manchester United/England)
- Christiane Endler (Lyon/Chile)
Winner: Mary Earps (Manchester United/England)
The FIFA Puskás Award
- Marcin Oleksy (Poland): Warta Poznań v. Stal Rzeszów [PZU Amp Futbol Ekstraklasa] (6 November 2022)
- Dimitri Payet (France): Olympique de Marseille v. PAOK Thessaloniki [UEFA Europa Conference League] (7 April 2022)
- Richarlison (Brazil): Brazil v. Serbia [FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022] (24 November 2022)
Winner: Marcin Oleksy (Poland)
The Best FIFA Fan Award
- Abdullah Al Salmi (Saudi Arabia): Abdullah journeyed by foot from his hometown of Jeddah to Qatar, hiking across the Saudi Arabian desert, to support his national team at the FIFA World Cup.
- Argentinian National Team fans (Argentina): Argentina fans travelled to Qatar in impressive numbers to provide incredible support for their team’s ultimately victorious FIFA World Cup campaign, and millions of fans then welcomed their heroes home to Buenos Aires and across the country.
- Japanese National Team fans (Japan): Japan fans earned worldwide recognition for their tradition of staying behind to help clean the stadium after World Cup games.
Winner: Argentinian National Team fans (Argentina)
The FIFA Fair Play Award
Wolfsberger defender Luka Lochoshvili is a hero after his quick thinking helped save the life of Austria Wien star Georg Teigl during a clash in the Austrian Bundesliga in February 2022.
Lochoshvili sprung into action after Teigl fell to the ground following a collision with Nikolas Veratschnig’s knee during the match. The defender together with his team-mate, Christopher Wernitznig, helped prevent Teigl from swallowing his tongue and he deservedly wins the FIFA Fair Play Award.
Who votes in The Best FIFA Football Awards?
Media representatives, national team coaches, national team captains and the general public were all able to vote in each of The Best FIFA Football Awards categories, which whittled the nominees in each category down to three finalists. Voting for the general public closed on 3 February.