Tokyo Olympics 2021 updates
Events ahead/underway (times in ET)
Track & Field Finals: Men’s 50km Race Walk Final – 4.30pm
Basketball: Women’s semi-final US vs Serbia – 00.40am
Beach Volleyball: Bronze and gold medal matches – from 9pm
Soccer: Women’s gold medal match (Sweden vs Canada) – 10pm
– Crouser, Kovacs secure USA 1-2 in men’s shot put final
– Jamaica’s Hansle Parchment takes gold in men’s 110m hurdles final
– Basketball: Durant and Booker take Team USA to gold medal match
– Soccer: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
– Katie Nageotte wins women’s pole vault final
– Baseball: Team USA beat Korea to reach final
50km race walk is go
The men’s 50km race walk is underway at Odori Park in Sapporo.
After taking only two shots in the fourth quarter of his team’s 90-89 semi-final defeat to France today, Luka Doncic stood by his play calling despite not having a good shooting night and told reporters: “My shots weren’t falling today so I was trying to find open teammates.”
How much is the marathon worth?
- The Olympic Marathon will be one of two events taking place on Friday and Saturday respectively at 6pm. It gets its name from being an event that occurs during the Ancient Olympics, which was held in honor of Zeus. However, what does this mean for you as a runner or spectator? If your goal is to finish with all limbs intact or have no scratches by race end then it’s not very rewarding if we’re looking purely at time goals (4 hours). Men are required to run 26 miles 385 yards while women must complete just over 20 kilometers because they were barred until 1984! Plus there’s always someone going ahead who runs like Usain Bolt so how do times factor into our success rates anyway when
USA to face France in men’s basketball final
Team USA are to meet France in the gold-medal match of the men’s basketball tournament on Saturday, after the French saw off Slovenia 90-89 in the second semi-final in Japan. The US booked their spot in the final by beating Australia 97-78.